Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Snoring Strange Mate

I woke up to a sound
I woke up to sounds
How I wish it was sweet
Sweet like the melodies
from an Afrikan bird of the Afrikan Savanna or Jungle!
How I wish it was the sweet voice of my beloved
 
Awakened by the sound of a tractor ploughing our Afrikan fields
No! It is the sound of my strange hotel room mate!
 
I turn and twist in vain
I cover my head with my pillow
The sound is still in my ear
It reminds me of the roaring lions of Afrika
 
I pray for the morning to come
The morning to release me from bondage
 
The irritation is unbearable
Should I shake him up?
Should I sing to my ancestors?

I slide the side lamp do produce a sound
I hit my wooden bed with my shoe
I sound awakens him

It sounds like the sound from the ancestral
bongo drums of the Congo!

Behold!
The snoring stops....!
Only temporarily
My torment continues....!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment